Tuesday, March 11, 2014

"If it looks like wallpaper, I want to wear it."

A couple of posts ago, I ranted on about fashion rules and how they hold us back, especially as fat people.  Bold prints are notorious for being a fashion no-no for us because they draw attention to our bodies.  But like, so?  This dress from ASOS almost wasn't purchased because I was afraid of breaking fashion rule.  I am so glad I ignored it though because it has come to be one of my favorite dresses.  It's comfortable and cute and my only regret is that I didn't size down (which is a common issue with ASOS's plus size items).  

I am a sucker for anything reminiscent of Barque style and so I fell in love with the print when I first saw it.  I also really love those beautiful and bold pre-Raphaelite Arts & Crafts prints that were used for things like wallpaper and textiles in the late 19th century.  I have a whole book of William Morris prints and I still maintain that if I am ever rich, I am going to have a whole room done in the Arts & Crafts style, complete with a mission style chair. 

I guess what I am saying is that if it looks like wallpaper, I want to wear it (queue scene from Garden State where Zach Braff's shirt blends into the bathroom wallpaper).  



Outfit Details

Dress: ASOS
Belt: Torrid
Shoes: Target

1 comment:

  1. Good artcile, but it would be better if in future you can share more about this subject. Keep posting.
    William Morris Prints

    ReplyDelete