Monday, March 31, 2014

Channeling Rae Earl OOTD

Last week, most of the My Mad Fat Diary fandom was able to see the series 2 finale.  Now, it doesn't actual air until today but Channel 4 uploads them early.  The main character Rae Earl reminds me so much of myself and how I was in high school.  So I wanted to do an OOTD inspired by Rae's style but with my own touches.  Now, the dress that I was used is actually a dress that Rae wears on the show. It was from ASOS last summer and I managed to get it for like $20.  




Now Rae Earl would and did not wear this dress without leggings under it.  She is a 16 year old girl with some pretty serious body image issues.  And I get it.  I was the same way.  But not only could I not find my black leggings, but I think not wearing them reflects my own personal style and how far I have come with my own body image.

Rae is a very important character to me because she is so much of what I was in high school.  She is self conscious and very aware of her body and how people treat fat people, especially fat women.  It's hard to show skin when you hate your body.  Like Rae, layering was my friend in high school too. Whoever it is that does the wardrobe for the show, they get it.  They know how a 16 year old fat girl with body issues would dress and I appreciate that more than I am able to express.  

Outfit Details:

Jacket - Target, size 3x
Dress - ASOS Curve, size 22
Shoes - They are Levi's and a men's size 9 1/2 but 
I can't remember where I got them.

No comments:

Post a Comment